Make your straw go further
The Kverneland 852 mounted bale chopper is specially designed for working with straw for bedding purposes. The 2m3 chamber offers fast and easy loading of bales and the rear door offers the possibility to carry an extra bale for improved efficiency. The Kverneland 852 is fitted standard with a swivelling chute for accurate direct bedding.
Mounted version developed for working with straw for bedding purposes
Able to carry up to two round bales in one go
Standard fitted with swivelling chute for accurate bedding
Able to discharge the straw at a distance of up to 20m
|Cubic Volume||Load Capacity||Power Req, Min|
- The working heart of the 852 is the combination of drum, comb & flywheel – all specifically designed to shred straw bales in all formats.
- The drum is fitted with spirals of blades and small ‘gripper’ teeth, which take the straw from the bale and feed it evenly into the flywheel chamber.
- The flywheel can discharge the straw via the 280° swivelling chute at distances up to 15 metres – even feed of the straw onto the flywheel reduces blockage risk and maintains tractor power needed at a minimum level.
- The Kverneland 852 is fitted as standard with a new swivel chute that offers a 280° rotation of the chute.
- It allows the operator to accurately direct bedding materials into otherwise inaccessible areas of the building.
- The new chute is positioned right above the flywheel where the blow is strongest.
- This give a more efficient distribution of the material and reduces the risk of blockages.
- The end flap of the swivel chute operates via an electric actuator whilst the 280° rotation of the chute is hydraulically operated.
- The Kverneland 852 can discharge the straw at a distance of up to 15m.
- The 1.55m diameter flywheel of the Kverneland 850 series is fitted with 6 blowing paddles, providing a powerful blow for the most efficient distribution of the material and an excellent cleaning of the flywheel housing.
- The flywheel does not chop the straw, thus ensuring virtually full length material suitable for bedding of covered yard areas.
- In combination with the 2-speed gearbox (standard on models 853 and 856) the flywheel can throw straw up to 18.00m (on high speed) or gently feed hay/silage at the side of the machine (at low speed).
- With the 280° swivel chute discharge straw can be blown up to 15.00m.
Easy Loading of Bales
- The hydraulically operated rear door fitted to 800 series provides a self loading facility for easy loading of square and round bales.
- The rear door also offers the ability to carry a second round bale for increased capacity.
- A bale kit can be fitted to the end of the tailgate to ensure that the bales stay in position during operation.
- The size of the bale chamber makes it very easy to load the material with a loader – and two round bales can be loaded at the same time – saving time.