High Speed Spreading
The Vicon RO-XXL GEOSPREAD has almost exactly the same specifications as the RO-EDW GEOSPREAD, but comes with a newly designed RotaFlow system with 8 capacity vanes on each disc for a perfect overlap, no matter how fast you are driving. With 1 metre sections, 4 load cells and a reference sensor, the Vicon RO-XXL GEOSPREAD can do high speed spreading under all circumstances. The RO-XXL GEOSPREAD spreader is ISOBUS compatible and AEF certified. You can operate the spreader in combination with the IsoMatch Tellus PRO, IsoMatch Tellus GO or any other ISOBUS compatible tractor terminal.
High speed RotaFlow spreading system
Fully automatic weighing system with unique reference sensor
Unique GEOSPREAD system with two electric actuators
ISOBUS 11783 compatible for easy plug and play
Possible in combination with IsoMatch GEOCONTROL
|Hopper capacity (l)
|Filling height (cm)
|Filling width (cm)
|Empty weight (kg)
|Spreading width (m)
|24 - 45 *
|24 - 45 *
|24 - 45 *
|24 - 45 *
|10 - 540
|10 - 540
|10 - 540
|10 - 540
|* Depending on fertiliser type and type of vanes.
When running IsoMatch GEOCONTROL in addition to GEOSPREAD you can set the RO-M/RO-EDW GEOSPREAD more accurately. The working width will be automatically adjusted to suit the overlap and coverage using a GPS positioning system. For example, when driving in a wedge or irregular shaped field, GEOSPREAD will start to decrease the working width step by step. GEOSPREAD is using the section control function of the IsoMatch GEOCONTROL software which is in the IsoMatch Tellus PRO or IsoMatch Tellus GO terminal. The spreader working width is divided into a minimum of 1 metre sections (max. 24 sections on RO-EDW GEOSPREAD and max. 14 sections on RO-M GEOSPREAD). Not only the spreading width is adjusted, the application rate (kg/min) is also adjusted automatically to match the revised spreading width. This unique combination of working width and application rate adjustment makes the GEOSPREAD system extremely accurate, with minimum influence on the spread pattern coefficient of variation.
- Quick and accurate spreading, due to the actuators being directly connected to the discharge point. No linkages.
- Stable disc RPM in combination with discharge point adjustment maintains the spreading pattern (coefficient of variation)
- Easy operation; no need to step off the tractor to adjust the working width
- 100% ISOBUS compatible for easy operation
- Automatic start/stop with GPS on headlands possible
High Speed RotaFlow system
With the High speed RotaFlow system, fertiliser is gently brought up to speed in the dosing cup, before it is released on the disc. This system is unique compared to most other spreading systems that have the fertiliser falling on the disc. Therefore the high speed RotaFlow system has some important advantages:
- No impact, so no fragmentation. Spreading pattern is not affected by damaged fertiliser.
- 8 vanes per disc instead of 2. With 8 vanes fertiliser is released on a high frequency for a very constant flow and even spreading pattern, which is especially important when driving higher speeds and spreading larger quantities.
- Accurate spreading in hilly conditions. An inclination of the spreader does not affect the release point of the fertiliser o nthe disc and from the vane.
- Continuous dynamic “online – calibration” with high frequency communication signal.
- Vicons unique reference sensor technology: all negative influences are automatically corrected and eliminated, ensuring utmost spreading accuracy even on hill sides. The Vicon reference sensor gives you absolute accuracy, because every kilo counts!
- Load cells in combination with the unique reference sensor:
– Auto calibrating and continuous weighing system
– Automatic correction on slopes
– Automatic correction of shocks, even on rough terrain
– Automatic speed related dosing system
– No calibration test needed
- Highest accuracy in all conditions: even spreading quality guaranteed! Save costs and increase quality!
FlowPilot: Easy Setting and Adjustment
- The compact FlowPilot ‘dashboard’ gives you considerably simplified accurate setting and adjustment of applicaton rates. Two hydraulically operated metering plates, each with three discharge openings ensure an equal fertiliser flow from the hopper to the spreading discs.
- The R&D department of the Vicon spreaders has its own spreader competence centre in order to allow continuous testing throughout the year. All test are carried out according to the strictest international standards and quality requirement.
- The key to accurate spreading is matching fertiliser quality and litre weight with the spreading charts as close as possible. The Vicon RotaFlow checklist helps you to ensure consistent accuracy in all field conditions:
1. Select fertiliser type
2. Determine granule size and distribution
3. Determine litre weight
- Direct access to the most recent test results at: www.viconspreadingcharts.com or download the spreading charts application via the App Store or get it on Google Play
- Vicon offers the TrimFlow system or manual/hydraulic border spreading plate for border spreading. The TrimFlow can be accurately set for all types of fertiliser and for all working widths. Operation is easy, no need to leave the tractor seat. For the RO-XL, RO-EDW and RO-XXL models the TrimFlow can even be fitted on the left and right hand side of the spreader.
- With one-side boundary spreading the tractor is driven approximately 2 metres from the field border.
- With boundary track spreading the tractor is driving in the first tramline and is spreading to the border. The distance to the border is the half of the working width.
- The Border Spreading Indicator (BSI), indicates which border spreading device is active.
With the AutosetApp you have always the most up to date settings for your weighing spreader available. The AutosetApp is an App (software application) available on the IsoMatch Tellus PRO or IsoMatch Tellus GO terminal. The AutosetApp is standard integrated into the IsoMatch GEOCONTROL software. This App connects the terminal directly with the GEOSPREAD weighing spreader and will automatically adjust the spreader according to the settings entered into the App. The AutosetApp will also work in combination with the RO-M EW and EDW, with the exception being for those spreaders the discharge point (letter setting) still needs to be adjusted manually on the spreader itself.
The Vicon fertiliser spreader database with the most up to date spreading charts is always available online. The AutosetApp can connect to the fertiliser spreading database in two different ways. You can connect it to the online database via the IsoMatch Wireless WIFI USB adapter or download the most actual database from the website www.viconspreadingcharts.com on an USB stick and upload the database directly into the IsoMatch Tellus PRO or IsoMatch Tellus GO terminal.
Standard and Optional Equipment
- The RO-XL, RO-EDW or the RO-XXL spreaders are also available mounted on a trailer frame.
- Central Hydraulic Drive as option available for the RO-XL/RO-EDW(GEOSPREAD).
- Easy to assemble aluminium hopper extensions are available to increase hopper capacity.
- An easy to fold in and out hopper cover is as option available. Simple to fit!
- Left/right shut off valve for spreading at half working widths is optional available.
- To ensure a consistent flow when spreading low quantities, the RotaFlow system is equipped with a fine application kit. Ideal for spreading low quantities, seeds and slug pellets.
- Delta shaped heavy duty grids are standard equipment of the RO-XL/RO-EDW/RO-XXL spreader.
- Centre gear box with 2 input shafts for high and low disc speed settings is standard equipment of the RO-XL/RO-EDW/RO-XXL spreader.
- Hopper emptying kit is optional available to easy get the last fertiliser out of your hopper.
- Easy calibration is done with the optional calibration container.
- Long lifetime LED lighting set, is optional for the RO-C, RO-M and RO-M EW. For the RO-XL, RO-EDW, RO-EDW and RO-XXL GEOSPREAD spreader is this standard equipment.
- The mud guards (option) protect the spreading disc against mud, water etc.