The H series is the robust medium-sized power harrow for effective operation in most conditions. By using a double bending sandwich section for the trough, it has been possible to increase its strength, making it self-supporting without increasing the weight whilst keeping a clean and tidy design. Main features like the rotor distance of 25cm, the double conical bearing, heavy-duty headstock and the modular tine carrier have been considered too.
Two profiled 6mm plates ensuring precise rotor spacing, high bending resistance of the 140 x 400mm trough. Tine shaft of 50mm with two large conical bearings, Ø 45mm and Ø 50mm with a distance of 55mm and 40mm gears and an ample clearance of 95mm between the trough bottom and the tine holder ensure good soil flow and allow surface residues to pass easily through the machine.
High reliability; horizontal transmission self-supporting frame for increased strength and weight reduction
Improved centre of gravity for reduced lifting capacity
Unique features – the H-series, like all Kverneland power harrows, works with 4 rotors per metre of trough
Max. versatility – easy and simple combination with all types of seed drills (integrated or via triangle)
Optimum performance and low power consumption is achieved by the closer inter-tine carrier distance (25cm) and helical tine drive layout
New tooth packer design with reduced weight (-60 kg on 3m) with maintenance-free bearings
|Model||Working width||No. of rotors/tines||Weight with packer roller|
|H series||3.0m||12/24||1590 kg|
|H series||3.5m||14/28||1770 kg|
|H series||4.0m||16/32||1920 kg|
Heavy-duty trough design
For optimum performance in difficult soil conditions, the robust and self-supporting trough design provides a large clearance between the tine holder and trough bottom. This allows large amounts of residues and stones to pass freely without blocking and provides excellent results in mulch conditions.
|Model||Trough dimension (mm)||Gears||Ø Shaft (mm)||Bearings (mm)||Bearing distance (mm)||Rotor clearance (mm)|
|M series||140 x 400||tempered||40 & 45||80 – 90||70||98.25|
|H series||165 x 400||tempered & hardened||45 & 50||90 – 100||84.5||90.5|
|S series||200 x 400||hardened||55 & 60||110 – 120||110.5||100|
Range of tines
All models can be fitted with Standard and Active tines as well as with the proven Quick-Fit system to meet customer demand for efficiency.
The active tines ensure optimum penetration in hard or not cultivated soil. The tine, due to its shape, pulls itself into the ground. This gives a constant working depth and also prevents the machine from lifting out of the ground in hard dry soil conditions. In addition, it creates additional re-compaction at the packer roller. The active tine lifts the material and pushes it in front of the power harrow. This gives an optimum levelling effect even in tractor tracks. In mulch conditions the active tines can work directly into stubble and hard soil. The special shape of the tines keeps residues on the surface and this gives a big advantage against erosion.
Helical tine positioning
The tines are arranged in varying angle positions in order to prevent damage caused by stones and ensure even levelling. 4 rotors per meter and the helical tine positioning reduce the peak loads on the driveline which results in smoother running and less fuel consumption. All gears are hardened in the trough for a long lifetime.
Quick-fit and carbide tines
The quick-fit tines for easy replacement and carbide tines for a longer lifetime and minimum wearing are available as an option.
- Kverneland Quick-fit tines are simply fixed to the tine holder by a pin and a clip. All tines can be quickly replaced without any tools
- Down time can be minimised by optional carbide layered Quick-Fit tines. These tines ensure a long lifetime and minimum wearing even in tough and abrasive soils.
Kverneland Packer Rollers
Re-consolidation for a stable soil structure
Rollers ensure re-cmpaction of the soil as final step of the optimum seedbed preparation. By reducing soil porosity and limiting evaporation, all plants will have the same access to nutrients, moisture and light. This will give the crop a good start for a perfect growth and high yields.
The right rollers for all types of soil and conditions:
Actipack ø560mm – 205 kg/m
- For medium to heavy soils, also in wet, stony and sticky conditions due to the independent skids and knives
- The cutting discs break the larger clods whilst the adjustable knives cut the remaining clods resulting in optimal clod breakdown and fine seedbed preparation
Cracker Packer ø550mm – 200kg/m
- For medium to heavy soils
- Real stripe-wise reconsolidation (12.5cm) in front of seed coulters – only 50% of the soil surface is rolled
- Good absorption of water
- Sufficient soil left loose for covering of seeds
- Good crumbling effect especially on heavy soils
- Smooth rings and passive-angled knives – no blocking when used in mulch conditions
Tooth Packer roller ø575mm – 160kg/m
- Medium to heavy soils
- Good carrying capacity
- Good self-cleaning effect
- Central adjustable scraper bar with independently adjustable scrapers
- Carbide coated scrapers on request
- Most versatile roller – especially as part of heavy power harrow/seed drill combination
Cage roller ø550mm – 90kg/m
- Light to medium soil and dry working conditions e.g. seed bed preparation for potato planting
- 10 bars for a good loading capacity and option in wet conditions
Flexibility is key!
The coulterbar can be easily coupled and uncoupled with a coupling hook similar to the front loader coupling. Track markers are attached to the power harrow. Therefore, the power harrow is ready for solo operation within short time. The coulterbar is attached with the Euro-Connection directly to the roller frame and can quickly and easily be hitched thanks to the readily accessible hydraulic and electronic interface.
The e-drill is exclusively designed to be combined with Kverneland power harrows.